Fin de la vente: le 10 Mai 2014
Lot 394 - Mirou Anton ( Antwerpen 1578_vor 1627 ) - Busy Village - Oil/wood...
Adjudication sur abonnement
Mirou Anton ( Antwerpen 1578_vor 1627 )
Oil/wood, 36,5 x 58 cm, lo. middle monogr. a. dat. M f 1614.
- We are grateful to Dr. Jörg Diefenbacher, author of the cat. rais., for kindly confirming the authenticity.
- Prov.: Leo Spik, Berlin 1951; Kunst- u. Auktionshaus Franz A. Menna, Cologne, 26.10.1953; since then private collection Bregenz, Austria.
- Landscape painter of Flemish origin. M. is one of the most important masters of the Frankenthal school of painting which was constituted by Flemish artists of calvinist confession fled from South Netherlands. M. was probably taught by G. van Coninxloo III a. J. Ghysmans but obviously adopted elements of the painting school of J. Brueghel the elder a. P. Schoubroeck.
The artist was at this time a. still is sought after for his delicate painting a.
The vivid colours. Soon his paintings were included to the most important collections.
- Mus.: Amsterdam (Rijksmus.), Madrid (Prado), Prague (Nat. Gall.), Budapest (Nat. Mus.), Hamburg (Kunsthalle), Parma a. others.
- Lit.: Thieme-Becker, Bénézit, Bernt, J. Diefenbacher: A. M., Ein Antwerpener Maler in Frankenthal, cat. rais., 2007 a. others.
Thème : Peintures et dessins